Before we figure out how to get what you want, we need to figure out exactly what that is.
People tend to be very vague when it comes to “what they want”. Often time you will ask someone what they want and they will say something like “I want to be happy” or “I want to be free”. But what does that mean?
Being happy or free means different things to different people. So the first thing we need to do is to laser focus on to exactly what it is we really want. Go find some quiet time, where you can be totally undisturbed and write down a list of the things you would really like to have, achieve etc, etc.
OK, so I assume you have now done this.
Now, let’s go through the list and let’s question everything on that list. This is very important. This exercise may very well show you that even though you can list what you want, these may not be the real things you really want. I am going to show you an exercise on how you can really find this out.
So let’s look at each item on your list in turn.
Your first item on your list says, ” I want to make a million dollars”. OK, let’s look at that
If you want to make a million dollars:
1) When do you want to make a Million Dollars by?. If you have no deadline, then it is merely a “Wish”, when you have a deadline it becomes a “Goal”. If you have no deadline, it’s like constantly trying to hit a moving target. You must know “When” you will achieve this.
2) How will you make a million dollars?. You need to know how you are going to do it in order to achieve it. I know this sounds obvious but you would be surprised at just how vague people can be. If you decide on 3yrs, this is $333,333 per year, or $913.24per day. Know your numbers.
3) When you achieve this, then what?. What are you actually doing this for?…. [Head scratching moment] You see, you need to know your REAL Why. This is the reason you are doing this. A Million Dollars is just a bunch of Banknotes.
And this is where it starts to get interesting. You are now on your way to getting what you want because you are starting to unveil what you really want. So let’s take this a step further.
I want to earn a million dollars in three years on the Internet in my Network Marketing business., when I achieve this goal I will then be free to live my life the way I want it. I want Freedom.
Hmm. So you see, by drilling further, the $1m Dollar goal has changed to a further goal. To be free.
But is this the real goal?.
NO, of course not.
What does freedom mean to you?. It means something different to each different person. Freedom itself is not achievable if you don’t know what that means to you.
Aha.. so now we are getting somewhere.
So you say:. Freedom to me is to live in a five bedroomed house at Delray Beach Florida with my family. Neither my partner nor I have a job as we have a combined income coming in from our online business of $30,000 a month. And from here you go on to expand on the other things that you would like to create more of your “freedom” story.
SO, now we have gone from being pretty vague, to knowing “Exactly” what we really want.
Do this with every item on your list. Drill down to the things you really want.
Don’t you think now that you know exactly what is is you really want, it will be a lot easier to attain?.
So here is how to get what you want.
Take that Million dollar goal.
We now know you want to achieve it in 3yrs and we know that it equates to $333.333 per year or just under a $1000 a day. We know you now know you are going to achieve it in your network marketing company selling the company products. So what we really need to know is.
1) How do you make $1000 a day commission selling xxx company’s products.
2) How many sales of xxx does this require
3) How well does the offer convert. In other words, how many prospects would I need each day in order to make $1000 in commission.
4) How many people will I need to view the website/sales video in order to get that number of prospects in the first place.
So you see. That $1M Dollar goal has been broken down into a series of steps.
And this is how to get what you want
Instead of having this huge massive goal that seems unattainable, break it down into a series of smaller, workable steps. You are far, far more likely to achieve that goal if you do this.
If you want to travel the world, do it one country at a time, then go figure out how you could this all the time.
If you really like someone but you are not confident enough to ask her/him out, break it down into smaller steps.
Step 1) Find out if you have a mutual interest, look at being friends first
Step 2) “Accidentally” keep bumping into them
Step 3) Work your way into the friend circle first.
Always have a goal, then make sure it’s the real goal (drill further), then follow it up with a plan carried out in simple steps.
And that is how to get what you want.
Peace and Prosperity
P.S Getting what we really want is a lot easier if you don’t have to do it alone. I can help you achieve what you want out of life, let me show you a shortcut that has been changing many people’s lives on a daily basis. Click here for more info